Happy Thanksgiving, my friends. Here are just 10 things I’m grateful for. Please share with me what you’re grateful for in the comments below!
- My family. A gimmie, I know. But they really are the best!
- My friends. Samesies. I don’t know how I got so lucky but from my best friends to my “newest pals,” I have one heck of a crew.
- Caffeine. Anyone who knows me well, knows I have a terrible addiction to caffeine, specifically energy drinks. I know, it’s terrible – in fact, I’m not so sure this is something I should be thankful for. Anywho, I’ve tried to quit but as far as I’m aware, they don’t have programs for Monster addicts…yet. 😞
- My haterz. Thanks for showin’ me what I don’t want to be. ✌️
- Music. If it weren’t for music, I’d never hit the gym. Or find any enjoyment while driving the beltline during my commute home. Thanks music, for being there for me all day, err’day.
- Social media. This one may surprise you but I really am grateful for social media. It has introduced me to so many wonderful people and while I may not know them all personally, I think being connected to so many people really is a beautiful thing. Since hosting Discover Wisconsin, I’ve received hundreds of photos from photographers from all over Wisconsin – all over the Midwest actually. They each capture the state in their own talented way. I’ve come to know a handful of these photographers on social media. One of them being William Burdick. I learned yesterday that William passed away in a tractor-trailer accident near Madison. Of course, I was stunned and devastated. I immediately dug up the photos William has sent me over the years. The photo featured at the top of this article was one of my favorites. Although I never met William in person, I am so thankful to have been introduced to him and his talent via social media. Rest in peace, William.
- My job…Even when the hours are nuts and I’m all by lonesome in my hotel rooms, I am always quick to remind myself of how good I really have it.
- Staycations. Because if it weren’t for staycations, I wouldn’t have the time and motivation to be writing this blog post in the first place.
- My health. I’m positive I’ve taken my good health for granted throughout most of my life and so this is me, attempting to show some love to my health. Thanks for being good to me, mind + body.
- My happiness. I am a happy person by default and for this, I am eternally grateful for.